- Pre-heat your grill on medium heat.
- Soak the beans overnight. Discard the water, wash and drain.
- Cook the beans in separate pots with salty boiling water. The texture should be still firm as they will be cooked slightly more in sugo.
- In another pot heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Turn up the heat to high. Add the cumin and sugar, cook until the cumin releases its flavor and you begin smelling it in the air.
- Add diced tomatoes, vinegar, salt in the pot. Reduce to medium-low heat. Cook until tomatoes have cooked through and reduced to a thicker consistency.
- Fold in the beans and cook gently until the flavors are well combined. Adjust salt. Set aside.
- Turn up your grill to highest setting. Brush cherry tomatoes with oil. Place them on the grill and cook until you can see the grill marks.
- Brush Fremantle Octopus with oil. Grill on high heat. About 1.5 minute on each side or until warm all the way through.
- Serve as desired.
calculating... March 19, 2021
Grilled Fremantle Octopus with Trio of Beans and Sugo
- 2 people