- Place a pot of water on high heat and season it with salt.
- Place a non-stick pan on high heat and pre-heat.
- Pour the olive oil in with onions and garlic. Sauté until you start seeing golden color and reduce to low heat to keep warm.
- When the water is boiling add in the gnocchi and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Until the gnocchi rise to the top, strain, and set aside. Make sure to reserve couple of tablespoons of cooking water for the sauce.
- Turn the heat to high for the non-stick pan and add the octopus. After the pan is hot add in the red wine and let it burn off the alcohol.
- Add in the gnocchi, reserved cooking water, spinach. Keep sautéing until the spinach is wilted. Reduce to medium heat and season with salt to your liking.
- Finally add the butter and move the pan around to bind the sauce. Add water if the sauce is too thick.
- Plate in a deep dish, garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, grated parmesan and a bit of olive oil.
calculating... February 5, 2021
Fremantle Octopus with Gnocchi in Red Wine Sauce
- 2 people