- Remove the Steamed Fremantle Octopus from the pouch and pat dry. Slice the octopus at an angle and set aside.
- Roast almonds in a non-stick pan over medium heat. As the almonds warm up, add in a pinch of salt and sugar. Roast until the almonds are crispy and evenly coated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Split the passion fruits and scoop out into a deep bowl. You should end up with 4 tbsp of liquid and seeds.
- Cut grapefruit into segments and squeeze the leftover for the dressing. You should end up with 2 tbsp of grapefruit juice. Pour the juice into the bowl with passion fruit.
- Add two generous pinches of each salt and sugar to the bowl. Start whisking and slowly add in the olive oil to emulsify the dressing until it gets thicker. Adjust the salt and sugar level to desired taste.
- Combine Steamed Fremantle Octopus, mixed greens, grapefruit segments, blueberries, and almonds in a large bowl. Toss with half of the dressing and plate into two deep dishes.
- Garnish your salad with goat cheese and extra salad dressing according to your taste.
- Any extra passion fruit dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
calculating... January 15, 2021
Fremantle Octopus Salad with Passion Fruit Vinaigrette