Wednesday 7 October, as part of WA Good Food Guide’s Spring ‘ABCs’ Dinner Series, UMA Perth Owner, and Executive Chef Alejandro Saravia prepared a Western Australian seafood extravaganza of gargantuan proportions.
Inspired by the letter ‘G’ for the WA Good Food Guide’s ‘ABCs’ Dinner Series, Chef Alejandro’s menu boasted, only the finest and freshest produce, sourced from the Western Australian coastline.
The evening began with Chef delighting his guests with a ‘Great Western Australian Seafood Platter’, that encompassed his signature Peruvian flair…
A mouthwatering assortment of Akoya Oysters, Albany Mussels, and Crystal Crab, ensured that tastebuds were tingling – but it was the ‘Extra-large braised Fremantle Octopus‘, that stole the show.
Inspired Peruvian flavours continued throughout the night, complementing the beautiful Western Australian produce, one dish after the next…
- Goldband Snapper Ceviche, (Shark Bay) with King Prawns, Peruvian yellow chilli, yuzu & chive blossom dressing.
- Southern Sea Garfish, served with burnt butter & caper dressing.
- Gumtree Charcoal Sardines, from Cheynes Beach (Albany) with preserved lemon & semi-dried tomato salsa.
- The Grey Mackerel fillets (Broome), cold smoked and served with dragon tail radish, potato foam & mackerel jus.
Then finally, something sweet to finish…
- Golden Kiwi, with passionfruit, pomelo, torched meringue and carob mousse.
‘De rechupete!’ as they say in Peru.
Thank you to the WA Good Food Guide for another fantastic event.
With a special mention to Bella Ridge Estate, for the perfectly paired wines.
Chef Alejandro Saravia and his wonderful team at UMA Perth, the food, flavours, atmosphere and service were second to none.